Long day...

Today was a long day for some reason. I'm starting on a new set of shots which I'm really pumped about. BUT...The first one is a real task for me, and is really testing me. So after a day of trying different things and not getting what I wanted. I went on down to the figure session going on after work. Its always a nice break from being in front of the computer for so many hours to just sit down and draw from life. Its also great to listen to the other guys who are regulars there talk art, animation, and film.

1 comment:

Jason Williams said...

Try and think about how to define the interior anatomy a bit, and about how you might approach it without outline; my old figure teacher Mr. Fiore taught me to think in broad strokes, defining planes, and not using lines per se. defining objects by outline is artificial, so think about the figure emerging from the negative space. Use that combined with your knowledge of anatomy and you'll be on the right track. I know you're using a pen, but you also have a marker... ;)